Radiation-resistant transceiver SpaceABLE28 SLDecember 10, 2020
- for fiber optics
- Number of channels
- 8-channel, 12-channel
- Other characteristics
- multimode, full duplex, rugged, half-duplex, radiation-resistant
The SpaceABLE®28 SL radiation resistant transceivers are engineered to withstand radiation doses >100 krad (Si). The SpaceABLE28 SL low profile screw-in module (4.5 mm) mounts to the board via an LGA connector. It is offered as a either a (4+4)-lane transceiver (100G full-duplex) or as separate 12-channel transmitter and 12-channel receiver modules (300G half-duplex as a pair) that operate at 28 Gbps per channel from −40°C to 85°C at ultra-low bit error rates of 10-9.
Features & Benefits
All our devices are tested following ECSS process and lot acceptance. Component pre-screening can be done for every batch of transceivers sold for this application..
– Small: less than 6 mm high (module and interposer)
– Rugged: withstand radiation doses >100 krad (Si) and qualified per MIL-STD 883 shock and vibration.
– Expected life: up to 20 years.
– Cold start temperature: –55ºC.
– Performance: up to 28 Gbps/lane from –40 ºC to 85ºC
– Sensitivity: –9 dBm for BER 10–9
– Low power consumption: 120 mW/lane (<10 pJ per bit)
– 4 TRX (4+4)-lane per device (100G, full duplex)
– 12TX 12-channel transmitter (300G)
– 12RX 12-channel receiver (300G)
– Multimode 850 nm wavelength laser
– Over 100 m reach on OM3 ribbon fiber
– Standard MT parallel fiber connector
– Monitoring: LOS, RSSI, temperature, etc.